Subsidies to support social economy initiatives
The Fonds de développement de l’économie sociale (FDÉS) (social economy development fund) supports social economy projects, from the planning stage to growth.
The FDÉS is also intended to support the emergence of innovative projects that explore new sectors or new approaches or develop new expertise.
To be eligible for a subsidy from this fund, you must:
- Be a social economy enterprise or a non-profit organization (NPO) with a social economy project
- Be headquartered in Montréal
- Take a formal entrepreneurial approach
- Have self-generated revenue from the sale of goods or services representing 20% of your annual revenue
- Show your ability to create or maintain jobs
- Invest at least 20% of the total project cost*
*To help businesses that have been forced into a consolidation phase as a result of the crisis, the required investment is reduced from 20% to 10% until December 31, 2021 depending on the availability of funds.
Subsidy between $5,000 and $50,000 for the enterprise or organization
- Capital expenses (land, building, equipment, incorporation expenses, etc.)
- Acquisition of technology, software, patents, etc.
- Working capital fund
- Professional fees
Every application is studied by the joint investment committee (CIC) of the hub concerned, to determine the entrepreneur’s qualifications and the viability of the proposal in light of the fund’s objectives and requirements.
See the Financial partners and financing programs section to determine whether your project is eligible for financing.
Find experts in your area
Enter your business postal code or select your area
Dorval, QC H9P 1J1
1350 Mazurette street
Montreal, QC H4N 1H2
3617 Wellington street
Montreal, QC H4G 1T9
630, Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 1E4
6224 Saint-Hubert street
Montreal, QC H2S 2M2
7305, boulevard Henri-Bourassa Est
Montreal, QC H1E 2Z6