PME MTL offers many financing options to promote business development. This fund to foster innovation, productivity and sustainable development aims to finance innovative projects that have an impact on the Montréal region.
This fund offers a subsidy of up to $50,000 which must not exceed 80% of the total cost of a business project.
A fund to foster innovation, productivity and sustainable development
The subsidy will help finance the following projects:
- Testing and trying out an innovation in a real-world context.
- Validating the markets targeted during the development of the innovation.
- Marketing launch.
- Generating the first sales of the innovation.
- Improving productivity, in particular by installing technological equipment and improving robotization or automation.
- Adopting clean technologies.
- Putting in place sustainable development practices, in particular those aimed at implementing circular economy business models.
To be eligible for the subsidy, a business or its management must meet the following conditions:
- Have Canadian citizenship, be a permanent resident or hold a Quebec selection certificate (CSQ)
- Be legally incorporated and registered in the Registraire des entreprises du Québec (REQ)
- Have a Montréal-based address, and have a head office in the province of Quebec
- Present a business plan or executive summary
- Present financial forecasts covering at least two full financial years
- Present a compilation of financial statements for the last two completed financial years (or the first financial year for companies less than two years old)
- Provide a minimum down payment of 20% of the total cost for a pre-startup business, and at least 15% of the total project cost for a start-up or growing business for a loan and 20% when applying for a subsidy
Only expenses related to the business project are eligible.
Each application is reviewed by the Comité d’investissement commun (CIC) of the area concerned, which will determine whether the entrepreneur and the project meet the objectives and requirements of the Fund's policy.
This programme is limited, eligibility is subject to the availability of funds.
Find experts in your area
Enter your business postal code or select your area
Dorval, Québec, H9P 1J1
1350, rue Mazurette
Montréal, Québec, H4N 1H2
3617, rue Wellington
Montréal, Québec, H4G 1T9
630, rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, Québec, H3A 1E4
6224, rue Saint-Hubert
Montréal, Québec, H2S 2M2
7305, boulevard Henri-Bourassa Est
Montréal, Québec, H1E 2Z6