Within the context of economic recovery and the reopening of restaurants, the Borough of LaSalle has announced the creation of a Vitality Fund for commercial thoroughfares in LaSalle. The objective of the Fund is to revitalize the targeted commercial thoroughfares in LaSalle by promoting the modernization of existing retail locations and the opening of new retail businesses.
- Opening of a new retail business that creates added value for one of the targeted commercial thoroughfares in LaSalle;
- Transformation of an existing retail business to improve or modernize its offer.
Eligible expenses: Interior or exterior reconfiguration of the retail business; installation of a new display window; signage changes (excluding structural work).
- Subsidy of between $5,000 and $20,000, depending on the scope of the project;
- The subsidy cannot exceed 25% of the project cost for a new business or 50% of the project cost for a transformation project.
- The business must operate in one of the following sectors of activity :
- Retail Trade (NAICS Code 44-45), excluding Automobile Dealers (441) and Gasoline Stations (447);
- Food Services (NAICS Code 7223-7225), excluding Drinking Places (7224).
- Organizations of a sexually demeaning, religious or political nature or those whose activities are controversial: escort agencies, massage parlours, war games, tarot cards, astrology, personal growth courses, pawn shops, etc.;
- Organizations whose activities are harmful to the environment and the quality of life in the neighbourhood;
- Franchises and banner outlets;
- Professional firms.
- The retail business must be located on one of the targeted commercial thoroughfares:
- Boulevard Newman (between boulevard Angrignon and 90e avenue)
- Avenue Dollard (between boulevard Newman and rue Salley)
- Rue Centrale (between avenue Alepin and 7e avenue)
- Rue Edouard (between avenue Alepin and 7e avenue)
- For a new retail business, demonstrate that the business project is likely to be profitable, creates added value for the commercial thoroughfare and the Borough and creates jobs;
- For the transformation of an existing retail business, demonstrate that the project contributes to the vitality of the commercial thoroughfare;
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant and a permanent resident of Québec;
- Operate during regular business hours for the proposed type of retail business;
- Be a sole proprietorship, corporation (company), cooperative or non-profit organization (NPO).
Each approved application will be the subject of a contract.
Documents required when submitting an application
- Business plan and financial forecasts (new business);
- Financial statements for the previous two fiscal years (existing business);
- Lease with a term of at least two years;
- Certificate of occupancy and all other permits required for the project;
- Any other required authorizations (signage, outdoor café, renovations, etc.);
- GST/QST/DAS reports (or proof of registration).
Submitting an application
Please fill out the Application Form by clicking on the link below. Your information will be kept strictly confidential. Be sure to have the required documents on hand. Only complete applications will be deemed eligible and be processed. Submitting an application does not guarantee that financial assistance will be granted.
Commercial Development Advisor
Find experts in your area
Enter your business postal code or select your area
Dorval, Québec, H9P 1J1
1350, rue Mazurette
Montréal, Québec, H4N 1H2
3617, rue Wellington
Montréal, Québec, H4G 1T9
630, rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, Québec, H3A 1E4
6224, rue Saint-Hubert
Montréal, Québec, H2S 2M2
7305, boulevard Henri-Bourassa Est
Montréal, Québec, H1E 2Z6