An association to finance community-based businesses
This program, offered in partnership with the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins, offers financing of at least $23,000 for eligible community-based businesses, in the form of subsidies, grants and loans.
To be eligible for this financing, community-based businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Be a new community-based business (less than 5 years old)
- Operate the business on Montréal Island
- Be a member of the Caisse d’économie solidaire or be prepared to join
- Submit a business plan showing that the enterprise is economically viable
The financial assistance is structured as follows:
- A $3,000 subsidy from the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins
- A $10,000 grant from PME MTL through the Fonds de développement de l’économie sociale
- A $10,000 loan from PME MTL, the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins or another partner in the social economy network
Every application is studied by the joint investment committee (CIC) of the hub concerned, to determine the entrepreneur’s qualifications and the viability of the business plan in light of the fund’s objectives and requirements.
See the Financing your business section for advice, and PME MTL updates concerning financing.
See the Financial partners and financing programs section to determine whether your project is eligible for financing.
Find experts in your area
Enter your business postal code or select your area
Dorval, Québec, H9P 1J1
1350, rue Mazurette
Montréal, Québec, H4N 1H2
3617, rue Wellington
Montréal, Québec, H4G 1T9
630, rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, Québec, H3A 1E4
6224, rue Saint-Hubert
Montréal, Québec, H2S 2M2
7305, boulevard Henri-Bourassa Est
Montréal, Québec, H1E 2Z6