Subsidies for young businesses
The Fonds Jeunes Entreprises (young business fund) supports viable businesses by offering them financial assistance to help with start-ups and growth.
The subsidy, which must be combined with a loan from the Fonds PME MTL, is intended for start-ups on Montréal Island.
To be eligible, you must:
- Launch a legally constituted business listed in the Registre d’entreprises du Québec (REQ)
- Have your business and your head office in Montréal
- Operate a company that has been in existence for less than five years
- Submit a business plan showing its profitability and viability
- Commit to working full-time in the business (at least 35 hours per week)
Non-repayable financial contribution of up to $15,000
Examples of eligible expenses
- Equipment purchases
- Leasehold improvements
- Marketing expenses
- Working capital fund
Every application is studied by the joint investment committee (CIC) of the hub concerned, to determine the entrepreneur’s qualifications and the viability of the proposal in light of the fund’s objectives and requirements.
See the Financing your business section for advice, and PME MTL updates concerning financing.
See the Financial partners and financing programs section to determine whether your project is eligible for financing.