You need help to finance your entrepreneurial project in retail? PME MTL provides tailored support and financing for the development of retail businesses.
Support the establishment and development of retail businesses in Montréal
The Fonds Entrepreneuriat Commercial is intended for Montréal start-ups and growing businesses in retail. It aims to:
- provide support for their establishment and growth as well as e-commerce projects for these businesses.
To support retail entrepreneurship projects, a grant of up to $25,000 can be obtained. This grant must not exceed 25% of the total cost of the business project.
To be eligible for financial assistance, the business project must come under one of the following sectors or subsectors of economic activity described in the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS):
- Sectors 44 and 45 (retail trade), with the exception of subsectors 441 (motor vehicle and parts dealers) and 447 (gasoline stations)
- Subsector 722 (food services and drinking places)
To be eligible for a grant from the Fonds Entrepreneuriat Commercial, the following conditions must be met:
- Be a Canadian citizenship or a permanent resident
- Be constituted of legal persons, registered with the Registraire des entreprises du Québec*
- If a corporation, be majority-owned by Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Have a Montréal-based business address, and have a head office in the province of Québec
- Submit a business plan or project summary, current or projected financial statements and any other document deemed relevant
- Demonstrate that the business brings added value to the existing retail offer;
- Provide a minimum cash down of 20% of the total project value, which cannot be less than $5,000
- Have obtained the certificate of occupancy and any other permit required to carry out its business project
- Not be in debt to the Crown for amounts owed under the tax laws
* The legal forms admitted are the Business corporation, the non-profit legal person and the cooperative. Sole proprietorship, or commonly known as self-employed person, and general partnership are not eligible for the fund.
Only expenses related to the business project are eligible.
Each application is evaluated by a joint investment committee, that establishes the qualification of the entrepreneur and of the project in relation to the objectives and requirements of the Fund's policy.
If you need more information about the Fonds Entrepreneuriat Commercial, contact your service hub.
Filing an Application
To apply for the fund, please contact your service centre. Businesses who wish to apply should act quickly as funds are limited. A complete application does not guaranty any financial assistance
Find experts in your area
Enter your business postal code or select your area
Dorval, Québec, H9P 1J1
1350, rue Mazurette
Montréal, Québec, H4N 1H2
3617, rue Wellington
Montréal, Québec, H4G 1T9
630, rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, Québec, H3A 1E4
6224, rue Saint-Hubert
Montréal, Québec, H2S 2M2
7305, boulevard Henri-Bourassa Est
Montréal, Québec, H1E 2Z6