Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this financial program is temporarily unavailable and has been replaced by the Retail Business Consolidation Fund (Fonds de consolidation des activités des commerces). We invite you to visit the fund’s page to file an application or contact your service hub for more information.
You need help to finance your entrepreneurial project in retail? PME MTL provides tailored support and financing for the development of retail businesses.
Support the establishment and development of retail businesses in Montreal
The Fonds Entrepreneuriat Commercial is intended for Montreal start-ups and growing businesses in retail. It aims to provide support for their establishment and growth as well as e-commerce projects for these businesses.
To support retail entrepreneurship projects, a grant of up to $25,000 can be obtained. This grant must not exceed 25% of the total cost of the business project.
To be eligible for a grant from the Fonds Entrepreneuriat Commercial, the following conditions must be met:
- Be a Canadian citizenship or a permanent resident
- Be legally incorporated and registered in the Québec Enterprise Register (REQ)
- Be established in Montreal with a head office in Quebec
- Submit a business plan or project summary, current or projected financial statements and any other document deemed relevant
- Demonstrate that the business brings added value to the existing retail offer;
- Provide a minimum cash down of 20% of the total project value, which cannot be less than $5,000
Only expenses related to the business project are eligible
Each application is evaluated by a joint investment committee, that establishes the qualification of the entrepreneur and of the project in relation to the objectives and requirements of the Fund's policy.
If you need more information about the Fonds Entrepreneuriat Commercial, contact your service hub.