An association to finance community-based businesses
This program, offered in partnership with the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins, offers financing of at least $23,000 for eligible community-based businesses, in the form of subsidies, grants and loans.
To be eligible for this financing, community-based businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Be a new community-based business (less than 5 years old)
- Operate the business on Montréal Island
- Be a member of the Caisse d’économie solidaire or be prepared to join
- Submit a business plan showing that the enterprise is economically viable
The financial assistance is structured as follows:
- A $3,000 subsidy from the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins
- A $10,000 grant from PME MTL through the Fonds de développement de l’économie sociale
- A $10,000 loan from PME MTL, the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins or another partner in the social economy network
Every application is studied by the joint investment committee (CIC) of the hub concerned, to determine the entrepreneur’s qualifications and the viability of the business plan in light of the fund’s objectives and requirements.
See the Financing your business section for advice, and PME MTL updates concerning financing.
See the Financial partners and financing programs section to determine whether your project is eligible for financing.