The Centre-West, well suited to innovative and diverse projects
In the heart of the Montréal region, near the airport and crisscrossed by major roads and public transit systems, the Centre-West (Centre-Ouest) area consists of the Ahuntsic-Cartierville and Saint-Laurent boroughs, the cities of Côte-Saint-Luc and Hampstead and the towns of Montréal West and Mount Royal.
In addition to its high-quality living and working environment, the Centre-West area has all kinds of advantages when it comes to developing industrial, manufacturing or creative businesses.
A leading industrial and commercial sector
- 2nd-highest industrial concentration in Québec, with over 32% of all manufacturing jobs on Montréal Island
- Highest concentration of aerospace companies in Canada
- Largest technological park in Canada (Montréal Technoparc) dedicated to industries in aerospace, life sciences, information and communications technologies and clean technologies
- Epicentre of the fashion and garment industries
- Business centres with companies of all sizes
- Many already built, affordable industrial spaces available
A well-established agri-food industry
- High concentration of businesses in the food sector
- Producers of food items and supplies
Economic, social and cultural vitality
- 12,400 businesses
- 285,000 residents
- Many cultural organizations
- Vibrant commercial life and many local services
- Numerous unique historical and heritage sites and monuments
Support and financing for local entrepreneurs
The advantages of the Centre-West area and the support and financial tools offered by the PME MTL Centre-Ouest experts make it an attractive destination for start-ups and established firms.