Commercializing an innovation requires a strong will and a good knowledge of the market. Accelerating sales, soliciting new customers, and exploring new markets are significant challenges for any SME. A good innovative idea that you cannot sell can often lead to failure. It is therefore important for a company to surround itself with experts to strengthen its ability to successfully market its innovation.
Find out how, with help from the experts at PME MTL, you could start, develop, or grow your innovative business.
Our support service tailored to the commercialization of innovations
PME MTL experts can help you financially and technically in the various phases of your commercialization project. The support offered by PME MTL takes into consideration the entrepreneur's needs to market his innovation.
Here are the key elements that constitute our support service tailored to the commercialization of innovations:
- Advice in the development, positioning, and completion of your commercialization projects
- Support in the validation and optimization stages of the marketing strategy
- Support in optimizing the marketing strategy for your innovation
- Orientation in your search for financing
- Reference to specialized resources as needed
Our funds dedicated to the commercialization of innovations
Financing is an important step in commercializing an innovation. PME MTL offers funds to financially support new and existing companies in the validation and optimization of their commercialization strategy.
Discover financing options for the marketing innovations at PME MTL.
You can also visit our financing page to discover other financing methods offered by PME MTL.
For any questions concerning our offer in innovations commercialization, do not hesitate to contact your service center.
Most of the services offered by PME MTL are free.
Specific intervention sectors
PME MTL offers support for the commercialization of innovations to companies operating in five high-potential economic sectors.
- Made up of architecture, design, fashion, multimedia and video-game companies, this sector, characteristic of Montreal, generates close to 92,000 jobs and $8.6 billion in economic benefits per year.
- Montréal is the leading player in the biofood industry in Eastern Canada. The sector represents more than 125,000 employs and contributes $4.7 billion to Québec’s GDP. The strategic location of the City, its status as a major logistics hub, the availability of abundant raw materials and privileged access to prosperous markets all point to significant growth in this activity sector.
- The digital industry penetrates all other business sectors. It also allows the emergence of new business models, such as artificial intelligence, deep learning, and virtual and augmented reality. This sector, which is a lever for attracting domestic and foreign investment, represents more than 100,000 jobs in Greater Montreal and contributes significantly to the $12 billion in GDP generated by the information technology and communications sector.
- Representing 60% of jobs in Montreal's clean energy sector, the clean technology industry balances economic growth with environmental performance. By stimulating innovation through the creation of products and services that affect other sectors of the economy, this sector ensures a transition to a low-carbon economy and sustainable development.
- The sector of Life sciences and health technologies encompasses activities ranging from research to the design of products and services, whether these involve the manufacturing of medical equipment, research and development services, or the distribution of pharmaceutical products. In Montreal, this sector represents 40,000 jobs, of which 80% are jobs linked directly to life sciences, and it contributes at a rate of 65% of Quebec's GDP in the same sector.