The Greater Southwest, a desirable location
The Greater Southwest (Grand Sud-Ouest) area consists of the Sud-Ouest, Verdun and LaSalle boroughs. Its proximity to downtown, along with its many growing multifunctional neighbourhoods and strategic projects, give it plenty of undeniable advantages.
A transportation network hub
- A vast highway network
- A well-established public transit system
- A nearby airport
- A rail network for efficient imports/exports
- A seaway just 15 minutes away
An innovative area suited to the new economy
- Many new innovative businesses emerging
- A variety of social economy enterprises
A variety of buildings and commercial and industrial sites
- Ready for light industry and manufacturing
- Suited to real-estate development
- Vacant lots to be developed
- Large companies guaranteeing a good business mix
A stimulating business environment
- 5,000 businesses
- 86,000 jobs
- Constant growth in the number of new businesses
Support and financing for local entrepreneurs
The Greater Southwest area is seeing unprecedented development, boosting its economic vitality.
There’s no shortage of opportunities for entrepreneurs. The PME MTL Grand Sud-Ouest experts are there to offer advice, support and financing for new and existing businesses looking to develop in this promising area.