PME MTL offers many options for business financing, including a Fonds Commercialisation des innovations. This investment fund provides Montréal businesses with access to loans and subsidies designed to support the commercialization of innovations.
An investment fund that supports the commercialization of innovations
Our Fonds Commercialisation des innovations encourages Montréal-based business owners to complete different phases of their commercialization project. You can, therefore, receive funding for:
- Testing and trial of innovations in real context
- Validation of target markets when developing the innovation
- Market launch
- Generating the first sales of the innovation
We offer support mainly to businesses that are active in the following five economic activity sectors:
- Creative and cultural industries
- Digital industries
- Clean technologies
- Life Sciences and Health care technologies
Depending on your needs, our fund is available in two forms:
- Loan of up to $150,000 on a variable term basis with a competitive interest rate
- Subsidy of up to a maximum amount of $25,000. The subsidy must not exceed 25% of the total cost of the project
To qualify for a loan or subsidy from our Fonds Commercialisation des innovations, the business or its promoters must meet the following criteria:
- Have Canadian citizenship, be a permanent resident or hold a Quebec selection certificate (CSQ)
- Be legally incorporated and registered in the Registraire des entreprises du Québec (REQ)
- Have a Montréal-based address, and have a head office in the province of Quebec
- Present a business plan or executive summary, including a full financial forecast and compiled financial statements (or review engagement) for the two most recent fiscal years
- Provide a minimum down payment of 20% of the total cost for a pre-startup business, and at least 15% of the total project cost for a start-up or growing business for a loan and 20% when applying for a subsidy
Only expenses related to the business project are eligible.
Each application is reviewed by the Joint Investment Committee (JIC) of the center involved, who will establish the qualification of the entrepreneur and the project against the objectives and requirements of the Fund's policy.
If you need more information about our Fonds Commercialisation des innovations, please contact your service center.