Subsidies to support social economy initiatives
The Fonds de développement de l’économie sociale (FDÉS) (social economy development fund) supports social economy projects, from the planning stage to growth.
The FDÉS is also intended to support the emergence of innovative projects that explore new sectors or new approaches or develop new expertise.
To be eligible for a subsidy from this fund, you must:
- Be a social economy enterprise or a non-profit organization (NPO) with a social economy project
- Be headquartered in Montréal
- Take a formal entrepreneurial approach
- Have self-generated revenue from the sale of goods or services representing 20% of your annual revenue
- Show your ability to create or maintain jobs
- Invest at least 20% of the total project cost
Subsidy between $5,000 and $50,000 for the enterprise or organization
- Capital expenses (land, building, equipment, incorporation expenses, etc.)
- Acquisition of technology, software, patents, etc.
- Working capital fund
- Professional fees
Every application is studied by the joint investment committee (CIC) of the hub concerned, to determine the entrepreneur’s qualifications and the viability of the proposal in light of the fund’s objectives and requirements.