The objective of the INNOGEC fund is to make professional management consulting and governance services accessible by contributing to the payment of professional fees for consulting and advisory services.
Who can submit an application?
INNOGEC is intended for Québec-based social businesses from all sectors, including co-operatives and non-profit organizations, that are part of the social economy, along with promoter groups seeking to set up these types of businesses.
INNOGEC prioritizes consultation services offered by businesses within the social economy that are known for their expertise and the quality of their services. Services provided by a private consultant may be acceptable on an exceptional basis.
INNOGEC offers non-repayable contributions, to a maximum of $15,000, to cover up to 40% of the total cost of professional fees for an intervention.
To be eligible for a subsidy from INNOGEC, a business or its promoters must respect the following conditions:
- Be receiving financial support from PME MTL (if you are not currently receiving support from a PME MTL expert, find your service hub today);
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be legally constituted and registered in the Registre des Entreprises du Québec (REQ – Québec enterprise registry);
- Have its head office in Montréal;
- Be a social enterprise, incorporated as a cooperative or non-profit organization with a commercial activity;
- Present a project that involves calling up external consultants for strategic assistance;
- Present a project that involves the payment of professional fees made by a specialized organization[BW1] ;
- Demonstrate the availability of additional financial resources to complete the financial package for the project;
- Demonstrate management experience, knowledge and skills;
- Fill out the application form and present the supporting documents for the project.
Any intervention that is deemed relevant and properly suited to the challenges facing the business may be eligible for financial assistance insofar as it relates to strategic and analytical consulting services. Interventions related to operational issues are not eligible.
Here is a list of projects that are eligible for INNOGEC:
- Analysis of service production costs
- Financial analysis
- Development of new services
- Business diagnosis
- Market research, development of new markets and costing exercise
- Human resource management
- Organization and processes
- Business plan
- Strategic planning
Every application will be evaluated by a committee comprising members of PME MTL, Filaction, the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins, Fondaction and the Conseil d’économie sociale de l’île de Montréal (social economy council of Montréal). The committee will make its decisions based on respect for the eligibility conditions, the real contribution of each project to the development of the business and its social, cultural or economic impact.
Deadline for submitting applications
- May 29, 2022
Submitting an application
The following elements must be included in your application:
- INNOGEC application form (only in French)*
- Constitutional status
- Financial statements
- List of members of the Board of Directors
- Professional services offer
- Any other documents deemed relevant to examining the file
*Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send your application to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
For more information concerning INNOGEC, please contact your service hub.