Thanks to the support of our partners,
the contest offers 3 outstanding prizes worth a total of $100,000
Stay tuned for the next edition.
Building on its success, the District e-commerce contest is back for a new edition. Young e-commerce companies that wish to participate have until May 31, 2022 to apply. More info below!
Supporting the e-commerce leaders of tomorrow
PME MTL Centre-Ouest and the Société de développement commercial (SDC) District Central support the e-commerce leaders of tomorrow. The District e-commerce contest is aimed at young e-commerce businesses that are looking to set up (or that are already set up) in the District Central neighbourhood.
“I learned about the contest from an entrepreneur, I looked into it, I applied and I was lucky enough to win! The prizes helped me a lot, whether it was the grant or the mentoring sessions. It’s a lot of little things that enabled us to move forward faster.”
Nicolas Loiselle - MTL B-Board (winner of the 1st edition of the contest)
District Central: a hub for e-commerce businesses
District Central is a much sought after neighbourhood: SSENSE, Golf Avenue, Barista, Indyeva, Main & Local and many other businesses have set up shop there.
This booming neighbourhood is home to close to 1,800 businesses and 25,000 workers, making it the 4th largest district in Montréal in terms of job concentration. This is the new business district!
Major partners supporting the next generation of Montréal e-merchants
For this new edition of the District e-commerce contest, key e-commerce partners are joining with PME MTL Centre-Ouest and the SDC District Central. Thanks to Desjardins, Cascades, Shopify, Canada Post, Heyday and ClickSpace, we offer a complete ecosystem to facilitate the operations of the winning companies for one year.
Local partners will offer the winners experience prizes to facilitate the integration into their new neighborhood.
3 outstanding prizes worth a total of $100,000
- Grand prize presented by Desjardins: $30,000 grant and numerous services offered by partners
- Jury prize presented by Cascades: $25,000 grant and numerous services offered by partners
- Award of honour: $15,000 grant and numerous services offered by partners
PME MTL Centre-Ouest is committed to providing coaching and support to all applicants who submit an application that meets the selection criteria. More specific support will be provided to the 3 winners and 10 finalists.
- April 13 to May 31: Submission of applications
- June 3, 2022: Announcement of the 10 finalists
- June 16, 2022: Finalists’ pitches and official announcement of the winners during a cocktail reception
- June 3, 2022: Productive 9@5 (accessible to all candidates eligible for the District e-commerce contest, limited to 40 businesses)
- June 7, 2022 starting at 5pm: “How to make your pitch” workshop (reserved for the 10 finalists)
E-commerce businesses that meet the following criteria have until May 31, 2022 to submit an application:
- Operate a business that has been in existence for less than 5 years
- Have a legally constituted business registered with the Registre des entreprises du Québec (REQ)
- Sell online for at least 3 months on its own transactional site
- Work full time in the business (minimum of 35 hours per week)
- Be set up or plan to set up in the Central District by September 30, 2022
- Agree to meet with the jury and participate in promotional activities for the contest as well as consultancy and communication activities offered by contest partners
- Submit all required documents before the contest deadline, no later than May 31, 2022
N.B.: Businesses that meet the following criteria are not eligible:
- Dropshipping companies
- Businesses that have received a Jeune entreprise subsidy through the PME MTL network
- Businesses operating in the sex and gaming industries
- Duly completed contest entry form (see below)
- Latest financial statements (in-house statements if in business for less than one year)
Conditions for awarding grants
After the contest winners are announced, an agreement will be signed between the entrepreneurs and PME MTL Centre-Ouest. In order to receive the grants and the various services offered by the contest partners, the three winning entrepreneurs must do the following:
- Present and/or sign (in the case of a new establishment), before September 30, 2022, a commercial lease for a period of at least 24 months within the territory limits defined by the contest.
Other eligibility conditions may apply in the form of technical, financial and documentary requirements.
Registrations are now closed.
Stay tuned for the next edition.
Partners of the contest
PME MTL Centre-Ouest
Results of the grand finale of the District e-commerce contest – 1st edition: