With the advent of new technologies, it is necessary to pay special attention to the protection of privacy. Therefore, we, legally incorporated public organizations under the names:
- PME MTL Centre-Est, headquartered at 6224 Saint-Hubert Street, in the city of Montreal, in the province of Quebec (H2S 2M2), Canada;
- PME MTL Centre-Ouest, headquartered at 1350 Mazurette Street, Suite 400, in the city of Montreal, in the province of Quebec (H4N 1H2), Canada;
- PME MTL Centre-Ville, headquartered at 630 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 700, in the city of Montreal, in the province of Quebec (H3A 1E4), Canada;
- PME MTL Est-de-l'Île, headquartered at 7305 Henri-Bourassa East Boulevard, Suite 200, in the city of Montreal, in the province of Quebec (H1E 2Z6), Canada;
- PME MTL Grand Sud-Ouest, headquartered at 6224 Saint-Hubert Street, in the city of Montreal, in the province of Quebec (H4G 1T9), Canada; and
- PME MTL Ouest-de-l'Île, headquartered at 1675 Trans-Canada Highway, Suite 301, in the city of Dorval, in the province of Quebec (H9P 1J1), Canada;
doing business under the name "PME MTL" (hereinafter referred to as "PME MTL" or "we"), take the privacy of our users (hereinafter "you" or "User") seriously and the protection of your personal information.
This policy (hereinafter the "Policy") applies to all websites for which PME MTL is the publisher, namely:
- PME MTL
- Emplois Montréal
- The information PME MTL may collect and from whom
- How we use and share your information and with whom
- Situations where we do or do not need your consent
- What rights you have regarding your information and how to exercise them
- What security measures we have for your information
- Other terms and conditions accompanying this Policy
- How we may make changes to this Policy
- How to contact us if you have a question, comment, or inquiry
PME MTL is committed to collecting, using, or disclosing your personal information only in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws in Canada and Quebec.
Scope of the Policy
This Policy applies to information we collect, communicate, store, and process in any other way about you:
On our websites www.pmemtl.com, www.emploismtl.ca, www.elogqc.ca, our social media pages, accounts, networks, or any applications they contain, designed and operated by PME MTL (hereinafter and hereinafter the "Platform").
In emails, texts, forms, and other electronic messages between you and this Platform.
Through video calls, phone calls, or discussions with employees of PME MTL.
Through mobile and desktop applications that you download from this Platform, providing dedicated interaction not based on a browser between you and this Platform.
When you interact with our forms, ads, and applications on third-party websites and services, if these forms, applications, or ads contain links to this Policy.
Note that you can get more information about our practices and withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Personal Information Protection Officer at email@example.com. However, without your consent, PME MTL may no longer be able to provide you with the Platform or the requested services.
Finally, if you provide PME MTL or third parties with personal information about another person, you agree to have the necessary authorization to do so and/or to have obtained all necessary consents from these third parties to allow us to process them in accordance with the Policy.
PUBLISHER: PME MTL
AMAZON WEB SERVICES
7335 Acadie Boulevard
Quebec, Canada (H3N 2V7)
1 - COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information specifically associated with an individual that can be used to identify them, either directly or indirectly, by arranging it with other information held by PME MTL or its third-party providers.
PME MTL may obtain personal information when you save your personal information on the Platform or, where applicable, by otherwise transmitting your personal information, such as when requesting a service or contacting us by phone, email, or otherwise.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information. The law gives you the right to request access to and correction of the personal information we hold about you.
We may collect the following information from you:
- Name and surname;
- Date of birth;
- Phone number;
- Home address;
- Email address;
- Login information;
- Authentication information;
- Browsing information and behavior;
- Browsing history;
- Cookie and language preferences;
- Residency status in Canada;
- Birthplace (Canada or abroad);
- Credit score
- Social Insurance Number (NAS)
- IP address; and
- Language preference.
People from whom this personal information is collected:
User's personal information may be collected:
Directly from you through forms and communications, namely:
- Client form;
- Contact form;
- Email communications;
- Newsletter subscription;
- Phone; and
- Opinion survey.
Through connection witnesses (cookies)
PME MTL's legal basis for processing the User's personal information may be one or more of the following:
- User's consent;
- When necessary to fulfill PME MTL's legal obligations;
- When necessary for the performance of a contract between the User and PME MTL or before concluding it at the User's request;
- When necessary to safeguard the vital interests of the User or those of a third party; or
- When based on a legitimate interest, such as:
Ensuring the security of the Platform, its network, and data;
Commercial prospecting operations with the User; or
For internal administrative management purposes.
For more information on the protection of your personal information and your related rights, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec.
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (www.privcom.gc.ca)
- Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec (www.cai.gouv.qc.ca)
2 - USES AND SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Purposes of using personal information
We collect personal information from the User for the following reasons:
- Provide uninterrupted service;
- Understand the use of the Platform;
- Secure the Platform;
- Establish and maintain a business relationship with the User;
- Analyze and improve the User experience;
- Communicate with the User;
- Develop, enhance, market, or provide the Platform, as well as our products and services;
- Send offers and promotions tailored to Users;
- Maintain backups of our databases and retain records;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal actions, either in the context of a judicial proceeding or in the context of an administrative or extrajudicial proceeding for the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights, and the legal rights of others
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Sharing of personal information
We may transfer the personal information we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to service providers and other third parties we engage to support our business (such as analytics and search engine service providers that help us improve and optimize the Platform) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and process personal information in accordance with the same standards as set out in this Policy.
The categories of individuals to whom Users' information may be transferred are as follows:
- Payment service providers, payment and authentication information to process User payments;
- Verification service providers, authentication information to ensure the identity of Users;
- IT service providers, browsing information to ensure the operation and security of the Platform;
- Analytics service providers, browsing information and behavior to improve the Platform;
- Service providers enabling compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Business partners, contact information for organizing advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities related to PME MTL or the Platform;
- Partners, government agencies, and regulatory authorities, judicial bodies, associates, agents, lawyers, or other representatives for compliance with the legal obligations to which we are subject or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal rights, either in the context of a judicial proceeding or an administrative or extrajudicial proceeding;
- To any other person as permitted and/or required by law.
The User understands that PME MTL may at any time share their personal information in the event of a partial or total transfer of its business to a third party. In such a case, the information transferred as assets of PME MTL will be subject to the same guarantees as those in this Policy.
If the User does not wish their personal information to be disclosed to third parties or partners, they can oppose it at any time by contacting us.
Transfers outside Quebec
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information to and from a foreign country, including the United States, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Quebec and Canadian laws. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement agencies, or regulatory bodies of that country may have access to your personal information under the laws of the foreign country.
By submitting your personal information or engaging on the Platform, you consent to these transfers, storage, and processing.
3 - SITUATIONS WHERE WE NEED OR DO NOT NEED YOUR CONSENT
We only use your personal information with your consent or as permitted by law. We obtain your consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information when:
- You request a product or service;
- We need to use your information for a purpose different from the one for which you have already given your consent;
- You interact with us.
However, we do not obtain your consent for every interaction with you. For example, if we use your personal information for a purpose related to the one for which you have given your consent. Additionally, we do not obtain your consent in certain situations provided by law, such as:
- Complying with a court decision or any other binding request;
- Enforcing a claim;
- Investigating a breach of contract or a violation of the law;
- Preventing, stopping, or detecting fraud.
4 - YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
Your primary rights under privacy law include:
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to delisting;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to object to processing;
- The right to personal data portability;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
- The right to withdraw your consent.
You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, access that information, along with certain additional details. These additional details include information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the recipients of the personal information. Subject to the rights and freedoms of others, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain erasure of your personal information within a reasonable timeframe. These circumstances include: personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw your consent to processing based on consent; you object to processing under certain applicable privacy laws; processing is for direct marketing purposes; personal information has been processed unlawfully. However, there are exclusions to the right to erasure. General exclusions include cases where processing is necessary: to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information; to comply with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us of any changes to your personal information that we hold about you.
If you wish to review, verify, correct, or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information, you can also email our Privacy Officer to request access, correction, or deletion of the personal information you have provided to us. We may not comply with a request to amend information if we believe that such amendment would violate a law or legal obligation or render the information incorrect. We may charge you a fee for access to your personal information, but we will inform you in advance of any fees.
Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions under applicable privacy legislation. Here are some examples of these exceptions:
- Information protected by professional secrecy.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information about another person that would reveal their personal information or confidential business information.
- Information where the cost of providing it is prohibitive.
If you are concerned about our processing or wish to correct the information you have provided to us, you can contact our Privacy Officer.
Right to withdraw your consent. When you have given your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent in certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact our Privacy Officer. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact of this withdrawal to help you make your decision.
Requests regarding your personal information. We may ask you for specific information to help confirm your identity and rights under applicable laws and to provide you with the personal information we hold about you or make the changes you have requested. Once you have asserted your rights regarding personal information, we will process your request within twenty (20) days, in accordance with the law. If the deadline is longer than twenty (20) days, you will be informed.
Applicable privacy laws may allow or require us to refuse to give you access to all or part of the personal information we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, deleted, or anonymized your personal information in accordance with our obligations and practices for the retention of personal information. If we cannot give you access to your personal information, we will communicate the reasons to you, subject to legal or regulatory restrictions.
5 - SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that PME MTL collects is stored in a secure environment. PME MTL has adopted appropriate measures to preserve the confidentiality of personal information and protect it against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, communication, reproduction, use, or modification, taking into account their sensitivity and the purposes for which they are used.
To ensure the security of the User's personal information, PME MTL employs, among other measures:
- Protected access to servers and computers;
- Use of password-protected data networks;
- Confidentiality agreements with employees;
- Internal policies for the protection of personal information; and
- Canadian server.
PME MTL is committed to maintaining a high level of security by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of User transactions, protecting their personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
PME MTL keeps an up-to-date record of privacy incidents and will contact any User whose personal information is the subject of such an incident and presents a risk of serious harm.
The User's personal information will not be retained beyond the reasons for which it was collected. PME MTL adheres to the retention periods established by its policies and practices, which comply with applicable Quebec and Canadian laws.
6 - OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT ACCOMPANY THIS POLICY
Categories of people who have access to personal information
The following categories of people have access to all or parts of the personal information held by ENTITY throughout the lifecycle, with the described responsibilities:
- The Privacy Officer, responsible for the proper implementation of this Policy and measures to protect personal information within PME MTL;
- Members of the Committee on Access to Information and the Protection of Personal Information, responsible for advising and assisting the Privacy Officer in its missions;
- The access to documents manager, responsible for managing access to documents for PME MTL Centre-Ville;
- The HR department regarding employee records;
- The finance department regarding salaries.
PME MTL places particular importance on training its staff on the issues of personal information protection through training and awareness activities. At least once a year, staff members handling personal information as part of their duties receive half a day of training and awareness on general and PME MTL-specific personal information protection issues. Activities cover the following themes:
- Retention and security of personal information;
- Access and authorization management.
PME MTL complies with the requirements of the Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL). The User understands that they can expressly or implicitly consent to receive messages from PME MTL.
To unsubscribe from our electronic communication mailing list, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of our electronic messages. Please note that each time we send you an email, we provide you with the option to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Automated Decision Making
PME MTL does not process any personal information in an automated manner, and we do not use your personal information for automated decision making purposes.
Children Under 14
The PME MTL platform is designed for adults, and no person aged fourteen (14) and under should use it or provide personal information. However, the platform contains sections that may be intended for minors aged over fourteen (14).
The collection of this information is done with the consent of parents, the child's representative, or their teacher. The use of PME MTL services by a minor confirms that consent has been obtained by a responsible person. Minors registered on the platform and using PME services are responsible for obtaining the prior consent of their legal guardians.
This Policy is governed by applicable Quebec and Canadian laws. These laws apply without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws.
Each provision of this Policy forms a separate whole, so any decision by a court that one of the provisions of this Policy is void or unenforceable does not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of this Policy.
PME MTL occasionally conducts surveys to inquire about trends and opinions around entrepreneurship in Quebec. These surveys are necessary for understanding the financing and employment needs of businesses in the region and adapting the support offered by PME MTL.
During its survey campaigns, PME MTL only collects personal information strictly necessary for the conduct of the survey and does not use this information for purposes other than the analysis of the results. The results are presented to the public in an anonymous form to protect the personal information of the respondents.
PME MTL conducts its surveys through its own means and on its behalf. If PME MTL organizes a survey with the help of a company and personal information needs to be transmitted to the latter, respondents will be informed in advance.
7 - MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY
However, when the Consumer Protection Act applies, PME MTL will notify Users of the Platform thirty (30) days before the modification comes into effect. If the User rejects these modifications and wishes to terminate the contract, they will have a maximum of thirty (30) days following the entry into force of the modifications to notify PME MTL and resolve, without cost or penalty, their obligations towards PME MTL.
8 - HOW TO CONTACT US
You can exercise the rights provided by this Policy or address any other questions or complaints regarding PME MTL's practices regarding the protection of personal information by contacting us by mail or email.
By mail to:
- Sarah Dahmani for PME MTL Centre-Est, at 6224 Saint-Hubert Street, Montreal, Quebec (H2S 2M2), Canada;
- Andrée Lyne Allaire for PME MTL Centre-Ouest at 1350 Mazurette Street, Suite 400, Montreal, Quebec (H4N 1H2), Canada;
- Gilbert Samaha for PME MTL Centre-Ville at 630 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 700, Montreal, Quebec (H3A 1E4), Canada;
- PME MTL Est-de-l’Île at 7305 Henri-Bourassa East Boulevard, Suite 200, Montreal, Quebec (H1E 2Z6), Canada;
- Aziz Guellouz for PME MTL Grand Sud-Ouest at 6224 Saint-Hubert Street, Montreal, Quebec (H4G 1T9), Canada;
- Nathalie Robitaille for PME MTL Ouest-de-l’Île at 1675 Trans-Canada Highway, Suite 301, Dorval, Quebec (H9P 1J1), Canada.
By email at the following addresses:
- PME MTL Centre-Ville firstname.lastname@example.org
- PME MTL Grand-Sud-Ouest email@example.com
- PME MTL Centre-Est firstname.lastname@example.org
- PME MTL Est-de-l’Île email@example.com
- PME MTL Ouest-de-l’Île firstname.lastname@example.org
- PME MTL Centre-Ouest email@example.com
We have established procedures to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries regarding our processing of personal information, our compliance with this Policy, and applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this Policy, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information provided above.