Sustainable development and energy efficiency
The Association Québécoise pour la Maitrise de l’Énergie (AQME) offers customized services to help businesses evaluate potential energy savings. AQME assists with detailed planning of energy efficiency projects for your plant, giving you the information you need for decision making and often leading to substantial savings.
The environment is an increasingly important consideration in our society. Businesses have a role to play in conserving resources.
Here are some simple ideas that will have a positive impact on the environment, as well as on your business expenditures:
- Turn on energy saving on all your computers
- Configure your printers to print on both sides of the paper
- Where possible, use certified green cleaning products and partly recycled office supplies
- Encourage employees to adopt sustainable practices
- Allow employees to tele-work and use virtual meeting tools to reduce travel
- Replace plastic water bottles with water jugs
- Get involved in the community and have employees take part in local volunteer activities
- Opt for electronic thermostats that can help you save up to 70% on heating and air conditioning
- Plant trees, shrubs and vines near your windows, to reduce air conditioning costs in summer
- Give preference to local goods and services
- Consult the secondcycle.net site, which offers ideas for recovering and reusing unwanted and surplus items
Similar tools and resources
Business plan template and useful start-up documents
The business plan is a tool that allows the entrepreneur to structure their project. This plan is developed by identifying the company's mission, the vision and values of the entrepreneurs, the product or service offer, market analysis, competitive analysis, marketing strategy, financial forecasts, etc.
Buying or selling a business
Getting ready to buy or sell a business Buying or selling a business calls for good preparation by both the vendor and the purchaser. The seller must ensure that the business is well positioned, show the value added by its goods and services, prove its market potential and highlight its team’s expertise. The buyer must also be ready and properly equipped to keep the business thriving. Various economic development players offer a number of t...
Innovation and innovative businesses
Small and medium-sized enterprises in Montréal looking for innovative solutions can now take advantage of new initiatives.
Mentorship for entrepreneurs
Pairing business veterans (mentors) with entrepreneurs (mentorees). Mentorship program offered by Réseau M.
Specialized organizations and resources are available for entrepreneurs who want to do business abroad or explore new markets.
Financial partners and financing programs
Entrepreneurs and businesses have access to a wide range of financial partners ready to contribute to their economic development. In addition to financing, they offer a variety of other business services.
Launching your business
When you want to start a business, it is important to be familiar with the steps involved. You don't need to have had a university degree in business administration or an enormous bank account to be successful. All you need is a good idea, a good plan, and the motivation to achieve your goals.
Marketing and sales
The essence of marketing is to understand your customers’ needs and develop a plan that responds to those needs.
The concept of social entrepreneurship places the emphasis on the entrepreneur, his or her values, mission and approach and the social impact of the business.
Depending on your industry, the proper location can be a strategic decision. PME MTL experts help entrepreneurs look for locations suited to their needs.