Getting ready to buy or sell a business
Buying or selling a business calls for good preparation by both the vendor and the purchaser. The seller must ensure that the business is well positioned, show the value added by its goods and services, prove its market potential and highlight its team’s expertise. The buyer must also be ready and properly equipped to keep the business thriving.
Various economic development players offer a number of tools to assist both buyers and sellers.
- Centre de transfert d’entreprise du Québec: CTEQ
- Specialized mentoring for business transfers: Réseau M de la Fondation de l’entrepreneurship (in French)
- The Transferring your business section of PME MTL
Analysis tools for vendors
- Le transfert des entreprises à la relève : un enjeu majeur pour l’économie du Québec et la pérennité des PME (2014)
Website devoted to business buyers
Special sections in newspapers and magazines
- The story of how Republik was transferred (video from RDV Relève inc.) (in French)
- The story of how Groupe RPL was transferred (video from RDV Relève inc.) (in French)
Similar tools and resources
Innovation and innovative businesses
Small and medium-sized enterprises in Montréal looking for innovative solutions can now take advantage of new initiatives.
Mentorship for entrepreneurs
Pairing business veterans (mentors) with entrepreneurs (mentorees). Mentorship program offered by Réseau M.
Specialized organizations and resources are available for entrepreneurs who want to do business abroad or explore new markets.
Marketing and sales
The essence of marketing is to understand your customers’ needs and develop a plan that responds to those needs.
Sustainable development: Tips and advice for improved eco-responsibility
Is being an eco-responsible business a passing fad or a new way of thinking about our role? The answer lies in the facts!
The concept of social entrepreneurship places the emphasis on the entrepreneur, his or her values, mission and approach and the social impact of the business.